Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 ends... 2007 begins (in about 5 hours!)

I don't even know how to summarize what 2006 was like. I don't know why I feel the need to do this at the end of this year, but here I sit trying (and having no luck!).

[start lame post]

There were lots of really wonderful moments in 2006, including moving into our new house. In general, life was good. However, there was also a lot of craziness. I think I am learning that our lives will be really crazy for quite some time. I need to accept it and just become okay with that. I usually am okay with insanity, but at times it gets too much for even me. (Poor MWH, he likes things calmer than me, so it must really be hard on him!)

For 2007, it'll be crazy too. MWH asked what I was going to do with myself now that the remodel was done. He didn't want me to be bored. Heh. He knows me too well. I told him not to worry, that I thought teaching my class would keep me out of trouble for the first 6 months of the year.

**************

For the resolving part of the post...

1. Eat more whole grains. In general, we eat in a pretty healthy fashion, but getting more of these into our diet is my goal for 2007. I just found spelt tortillas that are pretty tasty to replace white flour ones. I need to find more recipes that use brown rice. We just tried a whole wheat pasta tonight and "not bad" was the verdict. Perhaps it will grow on us.

2. Hang with the girls more and specifically make sure I can spend more one-on-one time with each girl.

3. Learn to say NO better and also figure out what my limits are so I don't end up stressed.

[end lame post]

Have a safe and happy New Year!

No comments: