Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Waiting...

One of my brothers called me tonight to tell me that my Mom was in the ER. She was having severe stomach pains. They didn't know anything yet. They were waiting for some tests to come back and / or to get a CT scan scheduled. My brother wasn't sure what all they wanted to do. They'd been there for about 3 hours when I spoke to them.

I don't even know the whole story...All I know is that my Mom had been having the pain for quite a while today and she finally got Dad to take her to the hospital this evening.

My Dad doesn't like taking my Mom to the hospital, not because he doesn't want to help, but because she's had some scary experiences in hospitals. Fortunately, she's still here to talk about them. Once, she went in for a routine little outpatient surgery that landed her in the hospital for about a month. That was a scary scary time.

I probably won't hear any more news tonight. It's late where she is and I'm sure my Dad is exhausted. I'm hoping that it's something easily fixable (not requiring surgery) and not requiring too long (if any) hospital stay. She had a medical treatment today, and maybe this is just a reaction to it? It's a treatment she has every month for her osteoporosis, but maybe it caused a reaction this time? Would that be best case scenario? Who knows.... She's 81... It's all so scary. I hate being so far away when stuff like this happens. I feel helpless and want to do SOMETHING.

2 comments:

Mrs. CP said...

Hope everything is okay with your mom now and that she's feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers coming to you from MI.