Monday, November 06, 2006

Too early

I want the girls to go to bed at 9 pm. Before the "fall back" time change they were going to bed around 9:30 or 10 pm. At one point, because we were never actually getting them into bed by even 9:30, I thought about changing their bedtime to 10 pm. The day I thought about that, they didn't actually get to bed until 10:15 or 10:30.

We are all night owls here. Miss K just doesn't need a lot of sleep. Last night we put them to bed "early." Lights were out and everyone was in their bed (but not asleep) at 9 pm. I was happy.

This morning, they woke up before 8 am. We weren't happy. MWH thinks 9:30 is a fine time. We're hoping that they'll sleep until 8:30 or 9. As long as we actually do lights out and we're done at 9:30 pm, I'm fine with that time. It's when the bedtime ritual becomes a never ending bedtime ritual and we're still dealing with them at 10 or 10:30 that it drives me crazy.

We'll see how it goes. I am craving a routine. The first year of a baby's life, there is no routine. Or at least there wasn't in any of my kiddo's lives. I'm fine with chaos... but only for a year. Now I'm ready for things to turn into a routine... Maybe not a 100% unyielding routine, but at least 90% of the time--heck even 80% would be nice. Wish us luck!

No comments: