Thursday, November 16, 2006

Short post about four things

1. K (2.5 years) has been sort of on a food strike the last 2 days. She's eating enough to keep a flea alive. She's never been a great eater, but this is ridiculous! (She is a great nurser although I have been cutting down the length of her sessions in the morning and at night ~3-4 minutes each now.) I can't decide if I 1) not worry and assume she'll eat when she's hungry or 2) try to bribe her with chocolate until she eats. I've been doing 1 so far. She seems energetic. She is very "healthy" and in no danger of starving. She has a little bit of snuffles, but otherwise is fine.

2. If you have a kid who fights you at tooth brushing time, here's a tip I figured out a while ago that I've been meaning to share. Lay them on the bed and then brush their teeth. You can hold their head still much easier this way. It only took me 3 kids to figure this one out.

3. My Mom is supposedly seeming a little more lucid. (Keep the good thoughts coming.) My brothers seem to think I should wait to come home and see her when she's more alert and awake. I feel awful not being there. I don't know what I could actually do there though. I think it would be better for me to go when she is stronger. The practical side of me knows this. (Most of me is very practical.) I feel guilt for not being there. (Guilt, especially around my relationship with my mother, drives me to do a lot of the things.)

4. I'm tired. I've got a lot of little things to do. I feel so scattered and overwhelmed that it's ridiculous. If I usually post comments to your blog and I'm not lately, I apologize. I'm reading everyone, but I just either find that I don't have anything to say, or I start a comment, get distracted and never finish. I am thinking about you! XO!

Maybe this weekend I'll have time for more. I have tons of new posts started, but I am just feeling overwhelmed and tired.

No comments: