Friday, November 17, 2006

And how was your night?

Here's a recap of my night.

11:15 pm To bed and asleep pretty quickly.

12:30 am Both K (30 months) and T (15 months) are screaming. I try to wake MWH and he sort of snorts. I go tell K it's okay, grab T and crawl into bed with K to nurse T. Apparently K had a bad dream. She was really scared and upset. She calms down quickly with me there. (She's always been a snuggler.) T nurses for about 10 minutes and I put her back in her crib. I get back in bed with K.

03:30 am I wake up and decide to go back to my bed.

06:10 am T wakes up SCREAMING. I go get her. She's soaked. I have to change her diaper and her pjs. She's not happy. MWH wakes up to help. I can't do it on my own because she's screaming so much and thrashing around. I change my pj shirt and nurse her. I tell MWH that T is sleeping with us the rest of the night because I can't change the sheets. I am too tired. T nurses for about 20 minutes and then starts thrashing around. I decide that T can sleep on the mattress with no sheets in her crib (it has a soft mattress cover on it under the waterproof one). I go in and pull off the sheets and she falls asleep. I go back to my room and hear K stirring... I want to cry.

7:00 am K comes in our room. I grab her and tell her we'll go sleep in her bed. She starts to cry. I snuggle her close and she calms down. She lays there for a few minutes and goes back to sleep. I worry that I'm awake for the day. I fall back asleep probably around 7:20.

8:22 am N wakes me up and asks is it time to wake up. I tell her to go look at the clock in the hall and tell me what the first number of the time is. She comes back and tells me, "It says 822, Mommy." I say that it's okay to get up and I drag myself out of bed.

8:50 am N has been doing art and I've had my first cup of tea. I'm feeling just a wee bit dizzy when I stand, as opposed to nauseous now. I get K and N watching a video and go take a shower.

9:05 am I run downstairs after my shower to check the kid situation. I'm thankful that T is still sleeping. MWH is still sleeping. K has stopped watching the video. I ask N where K went and N looks over to the chair K usually sits in for videos and N says, "I don't know." (Way to be a good big sister N!) (N gets VERY sucked in when she watches TV.) I find K in the kitchen coloring in the coloring notebook she likes. This means she climbed up high to get it while I was in the shower. (YIKES!) (Fortunatley she's a good climber and doesn't hurt herself!)

9:15 am I go up and ask MWH if he's ready to get up. He replies, "It'd be nice to sleep a little longer." He's very lucky he didn't get pummeled. I take a deep breath and say, "I'm not even going to say anything and walk away." No one gets hurt. I realize that it's probably good that he gets enough sleep, because he's going to be the brains of the operation tonight.

9:30 am T is still asleep. I'm dressed and ready to go. K is dressed and has eaten some breakfast. Mary Poppins (our wonderful nanny) arrives. I do two more emails and then go to gymnastics with K.

10:45 am I arrive home to a husband who is just getting into the shower. He starts to complain about being tired. I stop him. I tell him about my feelings. I'm a little passionate about my lack of sleep, but I don't say anything I regret. I told him I am the one who gets to be grumpy today. He has no reason to be grumpy. I tell him to read about my night's adventures here soon.

I'm EXHAUSTED. Minus the 6 am diaper change, this is how the last 2 nights have been. The last forever has been at least one or two wakings a night. I NEED SLEEP. If you have any extra, please send it over.

(I'm sure this will get edited a bit at some point, I'm too tired to proof right now.)

No comments: