Friday, November 10, 2006

Radio Silence

I haven't spoken to any one about my Mom today. Errrr, I spoke to one of my brothers, but it doesn't really count because he hadn't gotten an update. I tried to call my Dad's cell, but I know that it doesn't get very good reception in the hospital room, and also that my Dad doesn't hear it ring.

I'm guessing we're still in the holding pattern. I'm guessing that if something had changed significantly either way I would have heard. I think a holding pattern is a fine thing.

*****************

In other news... I am home by myself with 3 little girls today. Mary Poppins (our nanny) is taking her daughter, her grandson and her son-in-law back to the airport. Mary Poppins is going to be very sad for a while. I have to hope that she doesn't decide she wants to go home again. She may think about it, and who knows, she may decide to go home, but I don't think she will, but it is her decision.

There are some cute little girl stories that I have for you, and we'll see how far I can get given that T (14.5 months) is napping, and K (30 months) and N (4 and 3/4s) are playing fairly well together right now. (We'll see how long that lasts.)

Ummmmm... Thinking......


Oh, yea... I don't think I told you what N said on Halloween when we went trick-or-treating...

(Break for K and N fighting. N is in a time out and K is snuggling with me.)

N said, "This is the BEST Halloween I've ever been to!"


(Break for N getting out of time out.)


Usually N goes to preschool, but today is a holiday (Veteran's Day). All 3 ALL DAY is a lot. Next year, N will be in kindergarten, K will be in preschool and T will be the one who stays home... I may need to get T into a 2 day a week preschool program because I think she's going to be really really bored when her sisters are gone. She's so used to being with them. Or maybe I'll just do a Mommy-Me class or two with her.

It's always interesting to imagine what "next year" will look like. I don't do it in a "wishing-time-away" way, but rather in a K-is-only-15-months-older-than-T and-what-K-is-doing-now-is-what-T-will-be-doing-next-year-OH-MY! way.

I can't decide whether I want to get T into a preschool program when she is just 2. N didn't go until she was almost 3 and 3/4s. I definitely want K to go next fall when she is almost 3.5. Two years seems too little to me because we haven't done preschool that early, but I do imagine T would love it. It's hard for me to imagine sending T to preschool so young, but only because we haven't done preschool so early.

I think I'll just think about that another day.

Off I go to play some with little girls, and maybe have a snack. (This rather lame post took about 1.5 hours to write.... Little girls are cute.)

No comments: