Thursday, November 30, 2006

It was a busy day

I made a list of all the things I want to write about....

1. Two phone calls today at work. Both had pretty good outcomes and both were related to the big upcoming presentation in December. I will write more about them later, but I just have to share that I am glad they were phone calls and not face-to-face meetings.

I was sitting with my boss during them, and during one of them I was vacilating between being outraged and then happy. When I was outraged I would shake my fist at the phone or hit myself in the head (as in DON'T BE SO STUPID PEOPLE). When I was happy I would do all sorts of cheering moves with my arms.

Aren't phone conferences fun?

2. Weaning... (I think this is post 643 about this... or maybe it just feels that way.) Part of me really wants to wean K (30 months) and part of me feels guilty when I feel that way. I wanted to do child-led weaning, but I am feeling like if I let K decide, I might be nursing her until college.

I am still letting her nurse twice a day, but I am now trying to only let her nurse 1-2 minutes in the morning and then at night. At night, by her own choice, she stops after about 30 seconds. I think this is a postive sign!!! In the morning, she would nurse until she drained me, but I don't let her do that anymore. I am trying to get her more interested in "real" food. That's part of the problem, she just really doesn't like many different kinds of food. When I stop her in the morning, she looks at me and says, "But there is still milk in there Mommy. I want more."

T is still nursing, but she is only 15 months. I think she will probably be easier than K and harder than N. Once again, she's in the middle of K and N and they are my anchor points. N weaned herself at 15 months. I didn't discourage it and kind of encouraged it after she didn't nurse (her choice) for 2 mornings (not in a row, but she was only nursing for about 1 minute a day anyway). It certainly wasn't hard weaning her. (I have detailed notes in another journal where I agonized over the decision, but looking back, it was so easy.)

3. Driving fun... I got stuck in a horrible traffic jam today. In 25 minutes, I managed to drive .5 of a mile. I was almost out of gas. I was so relieved that I made it off the freeway and to a gas station. I called my Mom to chat with her while I had the time (and since I wasn't actually driving). She was so nervous for me. She couldn't believe how calm I was. Yea, I didn't want to run out of gas, but freaking out about the potential really wasn't going to help the situation. I usually try to reserve freaking out for when it will help. I used to freak out more, but then I learned that it actually rarely helps situations. Don't Panic is a great motto. (I need a button with that on it... I know MWH, KJ and Ruth can name where that comes from... Anyone else?)

(Note, this weekend, I freaked out about the house maybe not being done for my schedule.... This freaking out DID NOT help the situation.

I am now back in control of my emotions about the house. It actually looks like we might be back on schedule, but our schedule, and being on it, has nothing to do with my freak out. I truly am embarrassed for how upset I got over the weekend. I just really really want to move into the new house. I am just tired of feeling so unsettled. I realize I could have many worse problems so that is why I am no longer complaining.)

Sigh... I had more things on my list, but now I can't find my list...

4. Things I need to do...

Get my car serviced
Get my eyelashes tinted
Get my back x-rayed (it is actually feeling a bit better and I should update about that)
Go to the chiropractor
Go do nice back exercises
Go to the paint store
Work on my presentation for work


If you haven't, and if you want to join in, read the Gift Idea Exchange post and add your thoughts. Please?

No comments: