Tuesday, November 07, 2006

90 and 101.9

It feels like 90 degrees in our new house. They have the new furnace cranked to help the mud on the walls dry more quickly. The high heat is also good for the wood floor to help it acclimatize too.

Last night, N (4 and 3/4s) had 101.9 for a temperature. She was really whiny when I picked her up from preschool. She came home and fell asleep on the couch. I woke her one-half hour later figuring I didn't want her to nap too long and then not go to sleep for night time. I figured she was tired because she and her sisters woke up really early yesterday (Monday) morning.

The whining increased after the nap. I was annoyed. I finally touched her and noticed she was burning up. The ear thermometer confirmed 101.9. All of a sudden, all of the whining made sense. Motrin brought the fever down and she went to bed and slept all night. She woke up with a fever of 101 though. She's home and I'm heading back (from a meeting) to be with her soon.

Work, when your kid is sick, really really really sucks.

No comments: