Monday, October 16, 2006

You may not recognize me...

I am not stressed. I had a massage today for my aching back. (Did I tell you I cleaned most of the kitchen floor while holding T yesterday? All 22.5 pounds of her?? Cleaned, complete with bending and scrubbing. My floor is very clean. No crunchy floor for me right now. I am strong. My back is not happy about it though. I am so strong though. I use 9 lb. weights while working out at the gym. I used to use 3 lb. weights when I started working out back in 1994.)

Anyway, today I didn't do any real work (maybe an hour). I shopped. I strolled leisurely. I ran into a friend. We chatted. She asked if I'd lost weight and said I looked fabulous. I almost kissed her. I have lost about a pound or so (thanks to that cold) but not much. I do think I am firming up more though. As we were chatting, I realized I didn't have to run off to do three other things. She did. It was odd.

The problem with me is that I seem to have two modes, way stressed and off. Right now, I feel "off." I know I need to figure out how to do some stress, but not crazy stress and feel good about it, but it's hard for me. I'm used to being insanely busy or catching up on life and sleep. I'm trying to get some things organized and taken care of for the girls, the house when we get to move in, and to take care of me.

Right now I just want to sit. And not do anything. There are many things I could and should be doing, but I need my stress to make me do them. I always tell my husband (MWH) that I need my stress. That it keeps me going. That I fall apart without it.

How do I find the right balance? How do I learn to not just have two modes? What do you do?

I also just found this post and seriously, this is one of the reasons that I've been turning things down and trying to work less.

No comments: