Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yippee!

This morning, Miss K (29 months) was completely dry! She got up and went on the potty!!! This is the first time she has stayed dry overnight. I changed her diaper at ~10 pm last night and she made it until ~9:15 this morning.

I'd say this was a big step.

I'm trying to control my fantasies about having only one in diapers as it is a little early. As a reference point, Miss N was dry all the time and out of diapers at 34 months, but she didn't start potty-training until she was about 30-ish months old. (I actually need to look back for the details. Miss K was born with N was 28 months old and I know we didn't have any success with N before Miss K showed up. All of those memories are fuzzy because of the whole new baby thing.)

Miss K is pretty much doing the potty-training thing all on her own. Of course we're encouraging, and rewarding her successes, but she's making the decisions about when things happen and we're only making suggestions about what might be next. With Miss N it was sooooooo much harder because we didn't know what we were doing. It is so much easier once you've seen it happen one time (or at least it is for me).

Yup, I'd say we're back to regular Mommy-blog programming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go K Go! Lily doesn't want to potty-train, she just wants to wear Dpra pull-ups.

Mrs. CP said...

Yay K! N will still only go if he's not wearing anything on the bottom half. But when this is the case, he's been pretty consistent about going on the potty. He won't pull anything up or down to go though - he's just won't be bothered. Much too much else to do. Sigh. I too am dreaming about 1 in diapers :-).