Thursday, October 26, 2006

Be careful what you wish for....

I've been wanting to teach a course for a while. A course at a University.

I haven't taught for about 10 years now, but I loved doing it before. I miss it. I taught a lot during my graduate school days. I love doing technology training now. Professionally I'm in a place where I do a lot of pseudo-teaching. I need to make sure I still like real teaching. I think I do, but I need to make sure.

I just got an offer to teach a course at a local university.

I think I'm going to accept it.

It was a lot easier to be resolute in my desire to teach a course before I got the offer.

Theoretically it will only take about 10 hours a week to teach the course. It will start in January. I can do some preparation now so it will take less time in January.

It is a course in an area I know pretty well.

It is a course in an area I am already working a great deal in and this area is actually ramping up as of November.

I think it makes sense.

I've often thought I want to do more teaching and this gives me the opportunity to double-check my thoughts.

Must go agonize over this decision a bit more.

No comments: