Wednesday, October 18, 2006

huh?

I woke up this morning to T (14 months today!) crying at around 8 am. I got about 7.5 hours of sleep, but I was exhausted. She slept through the night. I woke up a couple of times thinking she should be waking up any moment, but she didn't. I layed on her floor and nursed her 'cause I was too tired to go back to our room, and plus, K was in bed. I didn't want T to wake K.

After I nursed T I desperately needed to go back to bed, but she didn't want to go back to her crib and she screamed and woke up K anyway. About this time, I realized I was having an aura (migraine thing)* and because of the accompanying dizziness I needed to be horizontal. My husband (MWH) got up with K and I tried to get T to snuggle and go back to sleep with me in the bed. T nursed for a while, but didn't want to go back to sleep.

The aura passed and I was hopeful I wouldn't get a headache. Somewhere along the way I took K (cause she was still tired) and gave T (who was not tired) to my husband. K and I snuggled, nursed, and snuggled some more. I got to be horizontal until 9:30 with her.

Unfortunately, when I got up I had a headache. It is getting worse. I've had 2 cups of tea, 2 extra strength tylenol and 2 advil. I am now going to rest for a few minutes and hope that it will go away. My head doesn't hurt as much as a typical migraine, but I am all shakey. I feel very off-balance. Not really dizzy, but I can't seem to actually think.

This morning, I was planning to take some things to my friend's (DM) husband so he can take them to her. She is my friend who moved abroad. If I don't make it to meet him before he leaves I will send the light things to you.

For DM... My excuse... I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to see him. I've spoken to him and I wanted to see him yesterday, but then yesterday, work was very busy.

Good news, about why it was so busy yesterday. Yesterday I had a meeting with a woman who will be starting to work with me on a project! Yay! It won't just be me working alone on it.






*I didn't know until I read that linked page that auras were uncommon with migraines. I get them without the headache too. I have the "one-eye aura." I have a one-sided headache. My aura was in my left eye this morning complete with the flashing zig-zaggy light. My headache is on the right side. It is all odd. I would not be surprised if it were related to this.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

Before I get a migraine I get an aura - shimmering snakes in my vision - if I take painkillers when I have the aura but not the headache a couple of panadol will sort it out, if I wait for the headache nothing will make it go away.

I also have cluster headaches (possibly a side effect of medication I was taking or stress or both) they are preceded by the vision in my right eye going dim, again if I take drugs as soon as I notice that then the headache doesn't kick in.