Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy Birthday

This post is for my dear friend (DM) who is celebrating her birthday today. She is far away. She and her family moved abroad so that her husband could work and gain international experience. While it is something they decided to do together, and while it is good for their family, it is hard, especially for her.

I hope today is a good day for her!

They moved at the beginning of August. She was my aerobics buddy, cell phone and phone friend, and all around confidante. I miss her! We have known each other for a long time. I told her, but I haven't told you, when I first met her I thought looked just like Snow White. She has beautiful dark hair and flawless fair skin. She loves Disney movies and has a little girl who looks just like her (with a dash of her husband thrown in for good measure). (And her cute little cuddly boy too.) Someday soon I will write up a story for her little girl of how her Mommy is Snow White.

Anyway, today is a happy day. She loves to celebrate her birthday. I hope she gets lots of shiny and pretty things. I hope her little girl gives her the gift of sleeping through the night again. I hope she gets a pedicure soon (which she says are hard to come by where she is). If she doesn't, we'll get one (my treat!) when she comes home.

We miss you D!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

No comments: