Thursday, October 19, 2006

Every Year....

Every year, the medical group we go to has a "shortage" of flu shots. Every year, the doctors tell us to get one. Every year, to get one you have to jump through a frickin' hoop or six. This morning, just 5 minutes ago, the medical foundation called (recorded call) to tell me that they have a shortage. I was shocked. Okay, not really.

The problem is always in the ordering of the vaccinations. You would think that eventually someone would figure out how to fill out the order form correctly. (Hint: The zeros go on the RIGHT side of the number.)

I don't really like the flu shot. I worry about a vaccine reaction in both me and the girls because of this. Last year, with T so teeny tiny (2 months a year ago), I agonized about what to do and then decided to go ahead and get the flu shot for everyone (except T). I decided having the flu would be much worse than the small risk one year of a shot posed.

I realize the flu shot can NOT protect you from the flu. My point in this post isn't to debate it's efficacy, nor even start the agonization process about whether I/we get it. My point in this post is to say IF YOU'RE GONNA RECOMMEND THAT EVERYONE GET THE FLU SHOT, THEN HAVE ENOUGH. It is really annoying to be told over and over to get one and not be able to if you want.

No comments: