Thursday, October 19, 2006

delete

I am cleaning up my address book so I can transfer it over to the Blackberry. I have lots of people in my address book that I have worked with, or been friends with, but I have lost touch with them. It's been accumulating for over 10 years now. Quite a few people have long since moved, but I didn't want to delete them at the time because it seemed sad.

So while sad, it is a good thing. Another good thing about Blackberry is that I can use a calendaring application on my computer and sync it with the Blackberry. I can also publish that calendar to the web so my husband can see what I have going on.

This morning I took N (4 and 3/4s) and K (29 months) to the park. I thought it might be good for them to run around and get a little exercise. N gets plenty of exercise at preschool, but K doesn't have as many opportunities. I thought maybe they'd listen better if we played hard. (I think part of K's problem right now with not listening and being so, ummm, not good?, is that she's still not over that cold.) Anyway, the point of this paragraph is to tell you I didn't do email at the park even though I had my Blackberry. I find that a quick check of my email as I park my car makes me less twitchy and enjoy what activity I'm going to go do more 'cause I'm not worrying about what might be in my email in box.

I also have found that since I'm still learning how the Blackberry works, I don't really want to send emails that much from it. The keyboard is small and I'm still getting used to it. I'm okay if it's a read-only device. So far, I think it's actually giving me more balance in my life. Huh. Go figure! It's not what I would have predicted.

My husband (MWH) wanted me to blog this... Last night, my Blackberry buzzed while I was holding it and looking at the web. I didn't know what to do. I looked up and told MWH that it was buzzing and I didn't know how to answer it. He thought it was so funny. Me, technology geek that I am, couldn't figure out how to answer the phone. It turns out, it wasn't the phone ringing, but rather the device alerting me to a new email. I still have a lot to learn about the Blackberry.

I'm taking it slow with the Blackberry. Savoring all the new things I'm learning. I want to extend the honeymoon period with it. When I told MWH that, he laughed. He and I both said (at the same time), "Yea, soon the honeymoon will be over and I/you will be swearing at it." (We're geeky like that.)

No comments: