Friday, October 06, 2006

3 Letters

The state where I live, we have three letters in a row on our car license tags. I think this is fairly common. I often see meaning in the letters that appear on tags of the cars in front of me.

When I was trying to get pregnant with N, I saw these sets of three letters all the time...

TTC
HCG
LMP
EPT
HPT
OPK
FSH
EDD

Yea, I was a little obsessed. (Perhaps my obsession was shaping my perception of the world around me?)

Then when I was pregnant, and we were trying to decide on N's first and middle name, I kept seeing three letters on license tags that were NAK. I wanted to name her N_______ A____ K________. Instead we went with NMK. But seriously, I saw NAK so many times when I was pregnant that I thought it was a sign. At the very last minute, my husband and I came up with something that made us decide M_____ for a middle name was better.

Then when I was pregnant with K, I saw KAK a few times on different tags. Since N's middle name was M_______ we knew that K's middle name would be A____. I figured seeing those tags was a sign about K.

When I was pregnant with T, a license plate made me think of her name. Seriously. I was driving behind a cute little car and it had 3 letters that were close to her name. I told my husband I liked the name T___ when I got home that morning. He said he did too. It was amazing that we both agreed so quickly. Wow, the license tag has been a big influence in my life. (Almost like those freeway signs in L.A. Story.) (If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it.)

Now, my favorite license tag is this one. (Note, this license tag is NOT my license tag. Nor is it from the state where I live. Nor is it from the state where I grew up. Nor a state in which I have ever lived. Think that's enough on the disclaimer front? It was from the rental car on our trip last spring.)

(I also love it when I see N, K and T together on a tag. It makes me smile!)

1 comment:

Cat, Galloping said...

my husband's say "SLO". when the DMV gave it to him, they kind of slid it into an envelope so he didn't realize till he got outside!