Thursday, September 07, 2006

Who knows

I'm feeling a little better today. Not a lot, but a little. If Mary Poppins decides to go "home" then I can't do anything about it. If she decides to stay, there are things we can do. I don't think she'll leave "tomorrow" so I will have plenty of warning. I don't think she'll leave until her youngest daughter gets settled. Then, when her youngest gets settled there will be the possibility of grandchildren! Here! But Mary Poppins may surprise us all and decide to go home. As I said, "WHO KNOWS!"

I just don't want to have to find another nanny. We love Mary Poppins. I was hoping Mary Poppins would stay with us at least until T started kindergarten. And while that's only 4 years away, if I had to work and be in charge of the kids for 4 years ... I wouldn't have time to blog. Or stay sane. Or ANYTHING.

Anyway... Got a lot of stuff to do today for work. Today, a wonderful set of my colleagues and I (M, P, Z, & C) are getting together to focus on a project I love. To figure out what we can do to re-invigorate it. We have some ideas. This team, it is wonderful.

Oh... And I have to work on that chapter. I have a love-hate relationship with writing. I love it when I have a lot of time, but then I don't actually produce when I have time. When I'm crunched, I write fast and with another author and we usually say some interesting stuff, but I get so stressed that my eyebrow twitches. It's a trade-off. It's ALWAYS a trade-off.

One last thing... Yesterday my left shoulder started killing me. I took ibuprofen and it didn't help. I went ahead to my aerobics class because I was so stressed that I needed to work out--despite the pain. I went to change into my workout clothes and I took off my bra to put on the sports bra and INSTANTLY the pain started subsiding. My shoulder pain had been caused by the choice of bra yesterday. I wore a non-nursing bra. Big mistake. Won't do that again. Yikes! Look forward to a long post about weaning (or lack thereof) coming soon to a blog near you!

2 comments:

RUTH said...

We've had three nannies, W, R and K. They have all been wonderful and very different. Each one has stayed about a year and then gone on to do something fabulous; W is training to be a midwife, R is living in Vietnam and K will leave us next year to become a physio.

The changes have been hard work - finding someone, resettling into a new routine and building trust. The last one was the easiest because there was a one week overlap for R to induct K.

The thing I've learnt from it though is that each new nanny brings a whole new set of strengths and a different set of weaknesses and H & K benefit from the exposure to different people.

Try not to stress about it - it may not happen and even if it does you may be as lucky as we have been.

RUTH said...

You wrote on my blog "It also looks like Mary Poppins is staying and not going."

Yay!!!