Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Someone slap me!

I had a moment of calm and I wondered if maybe I had too much nanny. That maybe I wasn't getting enough time with the wee ones. I don't have too much nanny. I can't give up any time because at a drop of a hat, my life turns insane on me. I work in an insane place. I love it, but it is client-driven and therefore insane. Clients sometimes say, and we'd like XXX, YYY, ZZZ, AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD, etc. in 3 days please.

Then we jump. Very high. And defy gravity. Until they let us come down.

Or sometimes, even though we know we have to write a chapter for a book in late May, we don't start in on it until 2.5 weeks before the chapter is due in September because, well, the queen of project management is busy taking vacations. (No anger here... no!)

Sometimes my eyebrow twitches.

Sometimes I end up with 5 project deliverables due all at the same time.

Sometimes my husband likes me not to be insane.

So I don't have too much nanny. Just slap me next time I think that 'kay? (It's all 'cause my eyebrow stopped twitching that I think I have too much nanny.)

1 comment:

RUTH said...

Too much nanny... isn't that like too much air?