Sunday, September 17, 2006

One for the books

Tonight, K (2 and 1/3) ate broccoli.


Yea, it is amazing!

Unlike N, (4 and 2/3s), K is NOT a good eater. The vegetables she will eat include:

carrot juice
tomato sauce (on pizza and pasta)
guacamole (a very good one I think)
pretzles with pea flour in them (yea, I'm reaching here)

The fruit she will eat:

apples (about one a month)
fruit smoothies (bananas, strawberries and yogurt blended)
(Sometimes blueberries blended in)

How did I accomplish this extraordinary feat you ask?

I made this rice dish (brown rice, peanut sauce, chicken) and gave her some of the rice and mashed the broccoli beyond recognition. I then fed it to her off of my fork and pretended that I didn't care whether she ate it or not.

Sheer genius huh?

It was only 3 little florets, but that's 3 more florets than she has eaten in the last year I believe.

I am excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genius indeed! That is certainly an accomplishment to be proud of because broccoli is PACKED with nutrition!

Christine said...

I had a meatball scheme I used where carrot, celery and anything I had were cut up in the blender and mixed in, the bread crumbs, meat and egg hid it very successfully in my house.