Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Mue-z-EM

That's kind of how K (28 months) says museum. We just took the girls this morning to the Children's Museum. Our girls have such a different conception of what a museum is than I did when I was young. Museums were very sterile when I was young. You didn't touch anything. Some of them smelled funny. This museum is all geared for touching and interacting and learning. The girls love going. When they are a little older we'll go to the one geared for kids slightly older, but these institutes are just marvelous. There's another one in a city an hour away that is also fabulous and again when they are slightly older we'll go.

At the Mue-z-EM, Miss K spent time playing with the alphabet display that has each letter written on a thing that looks like it's a drawer. Instead when you try to move the handle the letter is actually a cube that swings and you see something on the other side that begins with that letter. It's a pretty cute exhibit, and that's just one of the probably 100 things you can interact with and learn from in that little space (probably 20 x 20).

We had a bit of a transition issue when we were leaving. Their Dad and I decided it would be fun to take them to eat at all of our favorite restaurant (Yea, A___-Mex again...Sorry D, but you were in Milan, so you had to have gotten good food right?). They (N &K) wanted to eat the bad french fries and the ICEE(TM) drinks the museum sells. Oh the screaming and the drama. Both K and N declared vehemently they didn't want to eat at A___. If people saw us dragging the girls out as they were screaming that they didn't want to go to A___ and if those same people knew what A___ was, they were laughing. Of course the girls did eat when we got there.

We want to break the association between the museum and bad french fries. They always want to eat the french fries at the museum. We joined the musuem as members and are planning to go there often (or until I freak about the germs again... right now I'm not...probably end of October I'll start freaking) and I don't want to have to buy those fries everytime we go.

Anyway...I can't believe it's almost fall. The weather is cool. It's been cool almost all of August. We were going to go swimming again this summer (we went 3 or so times I believe) but it's too cool (in my opinion). There's an indoor pool not too far away. I need to go check it out.

How boring am I today? I'm not twitching, and I'll take boring over twitching! ... I should go work on that paper for work while 2 of the 3 girls nap.

No comments: