Tuesday, August 22, 2006

the ugly of today

We'll go chronologically. K (27 months) fell asleep last night at 12:30 am... Technically that was this morning. Though it sounds ugly, it wasn't too bad. She lays on the bed and just squirms next to me while I work/blog. After she fell asleep we put her back in her room.

She woke up at around 7:00 (yea, that's kind of ugly--especially after not falling asleep until 12:30). She wanted to snuggle so I pulled her up in bed. Usually she falls back asleep. This morning she just laid there wide awake. It's hard to sleep with a toddler wide awake next to you. She pokes and prods and 'awake' rays pour off of her. I am annoyed.

She asks to nurse and I say yes and nurse her thinking maybe she'll fall back asleep. After she nurses she starts to cough. Here comes SGR Girl. She coughs up a little and I feel like it's a miracle that it wasn't that bad. It mostly has landed on my night stand which is much easier than the bed to clean. ('Cause she was leaning over it trying to grab her water off of the night stand when it happened.)

I clean her up, it doesn't even require a bath. A good hand and face washing and clean clothes and she's good to go. Whew!

I sit her in the glider and turn on a Dora Video so I can get started on my day. She starts to cough... Look out... There is breastmilk E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. This requires a bath. Fortunately, the glider is covered in vinyl and not cloth and it is also an easy clean up. Take off K's clothes and plop her in the bath.

Okay... it could be worse, but it's certainly not pretty so far and it's before 8 am.

About this time T (1 year!) hears us and decides 8 is a good time to get up (usually she goes until 9). Okay fine. I go downstairs and my parents are also up and want to hear about what all is happening up stairs. I don't have time to talk about it... Just need to take care of two little girls.

9 am K is still coughing a lot. My husband and I are trying to figure out who gets the first shower, but something keeps happening... Either T cries because she just doesn't want to be set down or K starts coughing and sounds like she's going to lose it again. Finally we settle K in front of Caillou. She loves him. I jump in the shower.

I leave the house around 9:30 or 9:45 with T and K to go find cough medicine for K. Our story changes to the good of today now, but turns ugly again when after dinner K was running around (you can't stop that girl sometimes) and yup, started coughing and coughed up a lot of ... I'll spare you the visual imagery. Yup... at least 2 SGR Girl strikes today... 3 if you count the nightstand. Ugly. It's not her stomach... it's just the coughing. It's still yucky. Okay... On to the good.

No comments: