Thursday, August 17, 2006

This is weird, annoying and long

Not the post (hopefully), but the cold/cough thing we have... N (4.5) got sick 3 weeks ago on Sunday. She's coughed a lot but is mostly better. I got sick 2 weeks and 1 day ago and K (27 months) got sick 3 days after me. T (almost 1 year!!!) has had a teeny cough, but not like the rest of us who sound like we're going to cough up a lung.

One weird thing is that it's pretty much just been a cough. Very little congestion. It's a cough that sort of tickles in your throat, but doesn't really hurt (until you cough for 5 minutes straight). The last two days, I've finally felt "in control" of my cough again and like it's getting better and almost gone.

Last night N and I were talking before she went to bed and she said her throat hurt. She was asking me questions about being sick and staying home from school. I figured she was just laying the ground work for asking to skip school today. She goes to "extended care" at preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and though she loves preschool, she really doesn't like "stended care" at all. (It's only 1.5 hours ... I'm not feeling too sorry for the princess on this one.)

Anyway, this morning, I woke up and I have a sore throat! ARRRGGH!

I hate going to the doctor. At this point, I don't think they can do anything for us 'cause even if the sore throat develops into something, it's probably not there yet. Also, through out the weird cough there never was a fever. Exhaustion, but no fever. I guess I see what happens and get ready to run to the doctor tomorrow.

The big problem, the one that is stressing me, is that my over 80 parents arrive tomorrow and I don't want to give them anything. My Mom has just had two surgical procedures (in the last month) and she doesn't need to get sick!

Have you ever heard of a 2 week cough followed by a sore throat? Could all of this have been caused by one type of virus? Could the soreness just be from the coughing? (Why did it take so long to develop?) Very very weird, annoying and long!

No comments: