Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday morning

Somehow I managed to carry T (1!) down the flight of steps and not fall. I plopped her down in the living room and threw myself on the couch. It was 8:15 am. I went to bed around midnight, but I was completely exhausted. I think she woke up me up when I was in the middle of a sleep cycle. My husband (MWH) and K (27 months) were asleep in our bed and N (4.5) was asleep in her room.

I was on the couch with one eye open and the other shut and dreaming while watching her for 1/2 hour. T had lots of safe distractions in the living room so it was okay (including the diaper bag her nanny takes for her--going through that is always fun!). At 8:51 I felt like I could manage standing. I opened my eyes fully and T and I went to make me hot tea. I usually have to have some hot tea before I feel I can manage to drive to get coffee. (I go buy coffee from the coffee shop each day because MWH hates the smell of it. He HATES it. No, he HATES it.)

Around 9:30 the others (N, K and MWH) were still passed out. Since my first dose of caffeine had kicked in, I scrounged up clothes for me and a cute denim jumper for T (she picked it). T and I got dressed and then we ran to the coffee shop for my second dose of caffeine. (Iced Mocha, nonfat no-whip)

It's funny to me. They recently opened two coffee shops within 30 feet of each other just a 1.5 miles from our house. One of the coffee shops is a S*t*a*r*b*u*c*k*s and the other is a local chain with much better coffee. Both are always packed. People like their caffeine! We went to the local chain.

After we got back, everyone was still asleep at 10 am. I decided T and I would take a little morning walk. I am always envious of people who are out walking in the morning. I always wish I could join them pushing my stroller. To help me complete this fantasy, T and I went out. However, within 10 minutes I realized I'm just not a morning walk kind of person. It was hot, the sun was beating down on us, and I wasn't fully awake. T and I abandoned the notion of a walk and went home. When we got home it was around 10:30 and our house had come to life.

No comments: