Monday, August 28, 2006

a day in the life

Miss K (27 months) is still coughing, but I think it's a little less. We managed to prevent coughing to the point of throwing up yesterday and we even went to the park. I hope that we can do that again today (both the park and the not throwing up).

Miss N (4.5) has a rash. It's on her left shoulder and arm, a little under her arm, and her ankles. It itches. Want to google it? My husband has been in charge of worrying about that issue and he hasn't come up with anything. I suggested Benadryl because I'm guessing it's an allergic reaction to something. I'm doing "watchful waiting." I love that term. It means just wait and see what happens because it's SUCH A PAIN to go to the doctor. At this point, it's just not worth the effort to even call the doctor.

Benadryl has a potentially positive side too. It might calm Miss N down. Have I mentioned that she has so much energy? She makes me tired just watching her. That was a saying of my Mom. I never understood it until I had N. N never stops moving. At dinner it's really annoying. She's up and down and falling off her chair and never sitting still. It's exhausting!

The one time she's calm... Can you guess? At preschool. The teachers all describe her as mellow and thoughtful. When we had her first parent-teacher conference I was in shock. It's true. It's weird. The good thing is that we at least have a good indication that she's not ADHD. She concentrates and works really hard at school and in classes (gymnastics). She's just a spaz at home.

Miss T (1!) finally got most of her birthday presents opened. Miss K helped her last night. Miss T was busy playing with the boxes and Miss K was busy playing with the toys. Just as I expected. Miss T has almost learned to walk up and down (without falling) the little steps that lead to our living room, dining room, and family room. So close. She can do it if she holds on to the wall, or if she starts to step and then lowers herself to a sitting position.

She now says choo-choo (for train), shoo-shoo (for shoe), still says duck really well (she loves them), and kitty... (Plus all the other cute things listed here.)

I leave you with one question.... HOW DID IT GET TO BE SEPTEMBER ALMOST????????

No comments: