Monday, July 10, 2006

The wedding

Sans children. Wow. It was lovely having time with my husband but we both were a little unsure of what to do with ourselves since normally we are chasing children. It's been so long since we sat down to eat and we both ate until we were done without getting up because someone bolted from the table. (I think it's been years since that happened!) We sat at a table where there was a baby. She was one year. She was the bride's neice so she was allowed at the wedding/reception. I watched her mother have to deal with her.

Though I missed my girls, it was nice to not have to leap up and chase a baby (or 3). I watched the Mom of the baby and the flower girl's Mother chase them. I watched the flower girl's Mom separate the flower girl and her brother when they were rolling around on the dance floor fighting. It was nice. My husband and I got to dance. It was fun. I miss time alone with him. We both did miss the girls though.

I learned something watching the other Moms. Even when their kids were crying/screaming, it didn't bother me. When I'm with our 3 and they are throwing a fit or doing something embarrassing I always assume that everyone is staring at me and we're the center of attention. That a spotlight is shining on us. I think I should probably get over it. In general, people don't care if your kid throws a bit of a fit. Of course, it's always embarrassing to the parent, but most likely not thought about that much by others. (Tell me what you think... Do people notice or not notice?)

We rarely go places that aren't kid friendly. We go to a few restaurants with the girls, but never when they are crowded and all of them are family oriented.

One other thing I observed at the wedding... No one wore pantyhose. I think I only saw one woman wearing hose. I didn't. The bride's mother didn't. The groom's mother did. The bridal party didn't. I think this no hose thing is most excellent. Is this a fashion trend that is going to stay in the summer? I sure hope so! I HATE putting on hose in the summer.

There is more I want to write, about the ceremony, and about my wonderful husband, but I'm too tired... I may have to start doing my entries in installments.

No comments: