Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tired

When K (2) is tired and walking up the stairs for bed she'll say, "I'm too heavy. I can't climb the stairs" That's how I feel right now.

I'm tired. My husband has a sinus infection and he sounds awful. He looks awful. I know he is sick, but it's been hard being Mommy-in-charge without him. I miss him. He does a lot. Except when he's sick. If I get sick, I don't think I get to be as much of a slacker as he does, but that's typical male versus female stuff. He has done more than usual this illness and he sounds awful, but I miss him. I've been rather whiny.

CSWL (college student we love) told me she knew guys who would get sick and their Moms would fly out to care for them. My husband defended his honor by saying he'd never gotten his Mom to fly anywhere to take care of him.

Anyway, N (4) and T (10 months) and I went to a party today. N was a great helper. T chowed on chicken legs tonight. We went to a party a few weeks ago and she was all about the chicken wings. She ate about 3 of them. It was hilarious. She practically attacked me for them. That's how it was again today. She ate a whole chicken leg. Note to self... buy some chicken and make it for her at home. I don't cook with meat that often, but I probably could handle chicken legs.

What else... Candylions. That's what K (2) calls dandelions. Pretty cute.

There's one more funny N story, but it will have to wait. I'm exhausted!

No comments: