Monday, June 12, 2006

Will I ever be able to catch up?

First, a Sleep Update

Last night, K (2) and T (9.5) both slept better and I'm somewhat rested. Tonight T went down without screaming and K is laying beside me almost asleep. I'll put her in her crib when she falls asleep. K took a nap for 2 hours today. I've decided to let her take naps up to 2 hours in length, but not longer.


Now, the real post...

Every time I think I'm going to finally get a chance to catch up... the universe says, "HAH! Haaa ... heee... hoooo, oh, that's funny!"

Did I tell you that I have always had 2 part-time nannies instead of one full-time one? I chose to do this because I work and because it always made sense to me to have two part-time ones so if one got sick or went on vacation I'd still have one and not be totally screwed. Has it ever worked that way? NO.

Everytime, they've always needed off at the same time because something major has/was happened/happening and they've needed to be gone at the same time. And then I'm screwed. It's happening now.

Right now, one nanny is on a trip to see her daughter who is having her first baby (our nanny is about to become a Grandma). Can't say no to that trip. The other one is getting married Friday. Can't say no to that either. So me=screwed. I am happy for both of our nannies, but I just wish I had a 3rd one! I have a lot of stuff going on at work. (But I always do.)

I have a college student helping. She's not worked with us before. She came with a fabulous recommendations, but ummmm... I'm not wanting to leave her alone with the kids for more than a couple of hours at a time. She's a preschool teacher, and I don't think she's very good with kids under three. She's trying. I'll fill you in more later about that. Next week, another college student, who we LOVE, will be staying with us and helping sort of like an au pair.

Just 4 more days until the excellent college student comes.

Okay... Blog entry short tonight because I have to go write up some stuff for work. Crazy busy. Crazy, crazy, crazy. (And yes, I wrote the word crazy 3 times for a reason, or rather 3 reasons.)

1 comment:

Margie said...

Hi,

We will never catch up. I realized this a few days ago after coming home from an eight-hour work day, cooking dinner, feeding my daughter, chasing after her for an hour, fighting with her to get her PJs on and nursing her to sleep. When the day is over, another one begins and we have to do it all over again! :)

I only have the one girl and I'm having a hard time. I can't imagine having three of her to contend with! Good luck!