Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Locator Device

I used it on Saturday. It really is wonderful. It saves me time and a lot of frustration... It uses a sound to locate the keys. My husband heard the sound and didn't know what it was (he couldn't see me) and he asked N (4) what it was. She said, "Oh Mommy is just looking for her keys." He laughed because she KNEW what the strange sound was. She knew because I've been using it. He later asked me how often I use it.

Him: "Every day?"

Me: "Not every day, but often. It's just easier than looking for them and getting frustrated."

Him: "Have you ever used it when you had your keys on you?" (They often end up around my wrist with my wrist strap or in my pocket.)

Me: Sheepish laughter.

Me: "Not yet. But I imagine I will some day."

Him: Hysterical laughter



Fast Forward to today

Background info: I had to leave this morning to walk K (2) to her gymnastics class and my husband needed my drivers license number. I had no idea where my purse was so I left him with the task of finding my purse. I'm now ready to leave for work and I can't find my purse. I call my husband to ask if he found my purse.

He said, "Yes, I left it on the bed."

Me: "hmmm, it's not there now."

Me: Hysterical Laughter.

Him: Confused silence

Me: "I already picked it up and put it on my arm. That's why it's not on the bed. Never mind!"

Him: Hysterical Laughter.


(I provide this as evidence that I am completely losing it. But I'm having fun losing it. What can I say? If life weren't so crazy, I'd probably be bored. I do have fun the majority of time. I think that's important.)

No comments: