Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bad technology day...

Last night, my computer crashed in a strange way. Didn't think much of it, and restarted. A little while later it did it again. I mentioned it to my husband and he said it sounded like it might be a hardware problem. I ran some diagnostic software that showed the hard drive as "fine.' I worked on it a bit more and it crashed a couple more times. I stopped running some of the software I was running and it seemed fine.

This morning it crashed about 3 minutes after I started using it. It did this about 3 times. I called the tech guy at work. He thought it sounded bad. Maybe the motherboard is going, he suggested. I packed it up and all 3 girls and took my computer back to work. No news. He's backing up my hard drive and then running diagnostics.

It'll probably be a few days before I'm fully back in business. I've got another computer from work, but nothing is set up on it for me. I have a LOT of work to do. I'm used to all just working on my computer. My computer and I are usually LIKE ONE. This is hard for me!

The other bad technology part of today was that blogger has been down for me to edit or create posts since yesterday at 6. This is the first time I got in and could see my posts. I could see the blog, but not do anything with it. Frustrating too.

I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be a better day technologically.

Despite all the technolgy issues we had a lot of fun tonight (minus the throwing up from our sensitive gag reflex girl K).

No comments: