Monday, May 08, 2006

Something about Yellow....

Both N and K love their yellow blankies.

N prefers her small yellow silky. It's about 9 x 9 inches. She has 4 of them. When she was about 2.5 she needed ALL of her silkies every night when she went to bed. In addition to her yellow ones she also had 2 light green ones, a dark green one and a white one. Now we're back down to one yellow at a time. She's always said that the yellow ones are the BEST.

For Christmas, when N was almost 3, I got her a HUGE silky blanket. When I say huge I mean the size of a regular baby blanket. She liked it, but she was still more into the little ones.

K had a big (regular baby size) pink silky blanket. She never really liked the smaller handkerchief sized ones. When she first learned to walk she'd walk while holding that big blanket. It was pretty funny because it was bigger than she was. However, she is so coordinated that she rarely tripped on it. She loved it. She would snuggle all the time with it. It soon became clear though that K was coveting N's big yellow blanket instead of the pink one that she had. Perhaps one of the sweetest things I've seen N do is give K that big yellow blanket.

K was delighted when N gave her that yellow blanket.
Now K will often walk through the house saying... "Where are you Yellow? ... Oh, there you are."

The cutest thing is that the yellow blankets offer such comfort to my girls. The second N or K feel their blankets their thumb goes in their mouth and the blanket gets rubbed on their face. So sweet. They love their yellows!

When it became clear that Yellow was K's favorite blanket, I decided I should buy a spare one or three. You know, just in case something happened to Yellow. I went to look for an emergency back-up yellow and there were not any to be found. I looked everywhere. Thank goodness our nanny found some. We got two more. Now I can wash Yellow without K objecting. K never goes anywhere without Yellow!

I have 4 pink silky blankets just like the yellow ones. I'm hoping Miss T (8.5 months) likes pink! She sleeps with the pink one currently. I'm hopeful that it will be her color. Every now and then I see her eyeing K's Yellow. There must be something about yellow....

No comments: