Sunday, May 14, 2006

Some light-hearted observations on this day to honor Mothers.

I do not think it's coincidence that mmmm, milk, and mamamama all start with the letter M. Last night, T (almost 9 months) reminded me of this. I was getting ready to nurse her and she was lunging at me saying MMMMMMMMMMM. Then she started babbling Mamamamamamamamam.

I don't know if she's said any real words yet... (Meaning I don't know if she has really truly assigned a label to an object yet... Miss K did it first at almost 9 months of age. She saw ducks and LOVED them. She said Duck or quack whenever she saw them.) (Oh, the other night, T was babbling and I swear she said F**K clear as day. I was so proud. One for the baby books!) She mostly waves and she will give kisses.

**********


When I found out I was pregnant with T, I knew that my chances of a full-night of sleep had drastically decreased. I was so right. Miss K (now 2), has decided that she must sleep with me. All night.

We tried to get her into her own crib, but no. We tried from 9-11 pm. Finally we gave up and she ran around and waited for me to go to bed. She slept with us all night. She is still in my bed asleep. I guess we'll be sleeping with Miss K for a while. Path of least resistance. We did just get Miss T sleeping in her own space so we are a little bummed that we didn't get to be alone very long.

They are definitely tag teaming us, and they are winning. Actually at 2:30 am, T wanted to come into bed so we had both T and K in bed with us. That's not tag team, I don't even know what to call it. T only slept next to me for a couple of hours. Finally around 4:30 or 5 she decided she wanted her own space.

**********


Yesterday, T ate! Approximately 8 blueberries! Lots of cheerios! Some yogurt! She was excited about the food and not just eating it to be polite. Over the last week I have noticed that she is starting to be more interested in food. I am happy and sad. My last baby is beginning to wean. It'll most likely be a very long weaning process, but it's starting. I want her to nurse until 2 if possible. When she was six months old, I started trying to give her baby food. She shuddered.

Miss N (4), ate about 20 jars of baby food and then turned to little bits of table food. Miss K ate about 3 jars of baby food and then turned to little bits of table food. Miss T ate about 3 bites of baby food and then turned to table food about 3 months after I first tried to give her baby food. I think she's finally decided that maybe food isn't so bad.

No comments: