Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuesday News

I am feeling almost back to myself again. I don't know if I was complaining too much. I don't usually complain, and when I write I tend to view this as "documentation of my life" rather than complaining. I want this blog to help me remember what my life was like with 3 little girls 'cause it's so busy that I forget too quickly. Things change so quickly too.

K (23 months) seems to be in a good place right now. She's so smart and she's so funny. She's very observant and sophisticated. She has always liked what N (4) likes when N likes it. She seems to have more sophisticated taste in videos than N. She follows long stories really well (for an almost 2 year old, and sometimes better than N at 4). I got the cutest picture of her this morning in little "Dora the Explorer" sandals, a hot pink shirt, and black yoga pants. I'll see if I can crop it and post it later ...

T (8 months) is starting to get the hang of sleeping better. Yesterday we all slept in until 9:30 am and then last night, all the little girls were in bed by 9:30. All of them. It was amazing.

I nursed T at midnight right before I went to bed and then again at 3 when she cried, and then again at 7. She hadn't woken at 7, but I got her and nursed her because I had to get up early and go to a very long dental appointment. Ugh. My head is a little not happy about having had drilling done for about 45 minutes. T (and the rest of the house) all slept until after 9:30 again. I am excited about this! I would be so happy if all the little girls went to bed at 9:30 and got up at 9:30. I could have 4 more hours of time for working and playing too. I actually can write/work well late at night. Some people are morning people, and I am a night person. I can get up and work early too, but I would prefer not to, but I could get up at 8:30 and get another hour in the morning... (Don't count my hours before they hatch though!)

Anyway, despite the long dentist appointment, it's actually a good day. My teeth will be "done" soon. I got lots of cavities when I was a teenager. I am pretty sure it was from drinking diet coke (hard on teeth) and chewing sugar bubble gum. At the same time. Yea. Not smart. Anyway, when I met my dentist (I love him!), he said, he could make my mouth look like it never had had a cavity. I signed up.

We've taken the work slowly, over about 8-9 years with time out for the pregnancies, but in about 1 week I will have beautiful teeth with only one silver filling left. He didn't want to make one in white because of the depth of the damage. It's hard to see that filling (top right way back) so I'm fine with that. My lower teeth are beautiful. My dentist always says that a dentist is only as good as his lab. He has a fabulous lab. He is a fabulous dentist.

As I lay there having him drill away, I thought about how weird it is to go to a place where someone sticks a drill in your mouth. How much trust it takes to let someone do that. How much skill it takes of the person holding the drill. Pretty amazing.

Life is pretty good over here at the moment. I am coming out of my funk. I will tell you more about it later because I want to document it for posterity. I really want my girls to have a journal about motherhood when they have kids. I want them to know about our lives. I want them to know "our story." I don't know that much about what my Mom's perspective or experience was like when I was a kid. I don't think she remembers much accurately. I sense that her memories are skewed. Sometimes in a positive way and sometimes very negatively.

I want this blog to be my "external memory device." I wish I could capture all that happens even better. This is a navel gazing blog (love that term), but if I don't gaze at our navels, no one else will. I want our navels to be thoroughly examined.

Anyway... On another note... In about an hour I am off for pedicure land! My toes are so excited! "Yippee," they say. I always get pedicures with two of my colleagues. We talk about work, life, and everything under the sun. I don't feel too guilty taking time off work to do this because it is actually important time for us to reflect on things together. I also don't feel too guilty because we would like to do this on a monthly basis, but life at work gets too crazy and we can only manage it every 3 or 4 months. How pathetic is that?

(On a scale of 1-10, how ecclectic would you say this post was? Me, I'd go with 11.)

No comments: