Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Motherhood Allegiance?

Today I dropped N (4) off at preschool. There is a gate around the whole school that is supposed to remain closed. I think it's a good idea so I am always making sure it gets shut behind me. Today I had all 3 during drop off. On the way out after getting N to her room, I had T (8 months) in the little baby carseat carrier thing and I was holding K's hand (23 months). K wasn't really wanting to hold my hand so I was struggling a little bit to get her to hold my hand and trying to shut the gate. Another Mom was on her way out with her 4-ish year old. He was walking calmly beside her. They walked through the gate after me and I thought that Mom might shut it. Nope. She kept on walking with her son oblivous to my struggles and oblivious to the fact that the gate was open. HELLO. If I don't have a child with me, or even if I have a child or two with me and I can, I try to help other Moms who might need help with a door or a gate or picking up something they've dropped or... you know.... I am not sure why she didn't help. It's really the little things, in my opinion, that make life better or worse.

Okay... letting go of it now. Being zen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have helped you.

Tag!