Friday, April 28, 2006

Less refreshing

I went with my husband this morning to look at windows for the new house. We think we know what we want. Now we need to get the contractor and the sales person to meet and measure, and then place the order. We hope we can start on the remodel in 6-weeks (because that is how long it will take to get some of the windows).

After I got home, I've been trying to do work, but feeling antsy... (Too much to do and not enough time to do it.) I made a list of all the things I need to do and it's long. I sat down to try and accomplish one of the things on my list (for work), and just as I was about to send off the document, I did one more web search and found something that makes me have to change a lot of the document.

On the one hand, I'm glad I found it before I sent off the document. It's important to know as much as possible about an area when you are becoming an expert in an area. It helps make me look less stupid so that when someone says, "But what about X?" I have an answer... That's much better than standing there and stammering, "Um, I haven't actually heard about X before." And then they tell you that X has been around for 30 years. Then you aren't so credible as an expert anymore.

On the other hand, NOW I HAVE TO REWORK THE DOCUMENT. Arrggh! Sorry for the bellowing, but I'm just a little annoyed. At myself. Okay, done now.

In the grand scheme of things, it is not that big of a set-back to finish on Monday instead of today. And in the grand scheme of things, it is fun to learn about what else has been done in this area so I can go in a different more focussed direction. But right now I'm a little bummed.

No comments: