Monday, March 20, 2006

Once a week Part 2

Back to the topic of sleep... Once you start on sleep, it's hard to stop!

I may have made it sound so easy with N when she learned to sleep on her own. It was so much easier than I expected the second time, that I was shocked! However, the time leading up to doing it, and when she was crying, was harder than you can imagine. And even though the second day was so easy, there were other days that weren't as easy, but that's the way it is. I knew N though and if she ever fussed/cried for more than 10 minutes, that meant she just wasn't ready to nap. Same with K. I'm learning that it's the same with T too.

At night, we're working on getting T to sleep in her crib. Her favorite place to sleep is snuggled next to me in the middle of our bed. I'm fine with that as long as she sleeps. Up until her ear infection she slept all night. After her infection, she started waking up at least once, but it was because she was learning to crawl. Now, she sleeps most of the night if she's in bed with me, but she is having a harder time going to sleep at night in our bed.

What we've been doing for the last few nights is putting her to bed in her crib around 9:30 (she falls asleep on her own fairly easily with a little fussing) and then we go to bed around midnight. She's still in our bedroom, so it's hard to get ready for bed with her asleep in our room. I'm thinking of moving her to her own room. I'm sure that will happen in the next few weeks. I don't want to move her because when she sleeps in her crib it's only part of the night. She usually sleeps in her crib until sometime between 1 and 4 am and then she wakes up and comes to bed with me. She nurses around 3 am and then again around 7 am. She gets up for the day around the time we get up--about 8 or 8:30. She's not quite "sleeping through the night" but it's close. I only have to get up to get her when she comes to bed. She nurses while I sleep. I get almost a full night's sleep so I'm not complaining. In some ways T is the easiest baby (of my babies) at night and in other ways she's the most difficult. She's much more of a baby snuggler than N ever was.

If T were my first baby I'm sure I'd be worried about getting her out of my bed, but I know she'll sleep in her own space when she's ready. You wouldn't believe how much her sleeping habits have changed in the last couple of weeks since we got the crib for her. She's day sleeping so much better. Her night sleep hasn't changed that much except she's starting off by herself (instead of fighting me and sleep) and then joining me in my bed.

*************************


Okay... There is more that I wanted to write about, but now I have to finish getting ready for work... Here's a list of topics...

Lunch on Friday (very random stuff because I needed a grocery store run...

The parent teacher conference with N's (4 years) teacher.

My friend's annoying husband!

My couch.

More soon!

No comments: