Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Yes, I realize

The two previous posts seem a little, ummm, contradictory... (Not quite the right word, maybe antithetical?... diametrically opposed?, antipodal? Hmmmm, can't seem to pick one word that fits best... suggestions any one?) Anyway, yes, I realize that if I didn't do so much stuff, like a Mommy and Me gymastics class, or my dance class, or working out, my back might not be so screwed up. On the other hand, if I didn't do these things, I would be heavier (not good for my back), less limber (not good for my back), less strong (in my arms and legs), and less happy (not good in general).

I am in a bit of pain after the gymnastics class, but even if I didn't do the classes I'd still be lifting a lot of small children all the time. Doing classes with the kiddos makes life more fun, and just sitting hurts, so I might as well be having fun. If my back ever goes out, and I literally can't walk (this has happened before), then that is a different story. I will then rest and recover. But as long as the pain level is tolerable (I'm probably a 3 or 4 out of 10 on most days and on bad days, I'm a 5 or a 6) then I will continue to do everything. I try not to take ibuprofen or other NSAIDs because of potential side effects. Right now, I am going through life in a bit of pain. I do believe it will get better though. I do not want it to slow me down.

No comments: