Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ticklish T an update on the Alphabet plus other random stuff

T (4 months) is very ticklish on her cheecks and around her nose... It makes her giggle when you touch her nose, but it also relaxes her. She's fallen asleep by having her nose lightly stroked. Not just the part between her eyes, but the part underneath her nose... the part between the nostrils. It's hilarious. I'd forget this if I didn't write it down... Well, I'd probably not forget it totally, because it's odd, but I'd probably forget which girl was ticklish like this.

***************


K is still working on learning the alphabet.... We have a Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Toy and she pushes the button on it to make it sing the ABC's. She practices singing with it. She's getting pretty good. She gets about 70-80% of the letters now. She'll do it over and over for about 5 minutes. If she's ever grumpy, my singing the ABC song will cheer her up... She loves to sing it. I'm so proud. I can't tell if she has the concept that the different letters (the symbols) match up to the letters she says. Sometimes she'll pick up the letters and try to name them (incorrectly) and sometimes she just picks them up and throws them. I think the concept is beginning to develop, but she's not all the way there yet.

***************


T has a tooth.... At her 4 month check up the doctor looked at T's gums and proclaimed T would get one soon. I hoped the doctor was wrong, but she wasn't... T's lower left tooth broke through... I felt something as she was gnawing on my arm and confirmed it with my finger on Monday (1/2)... It broke through either 1/1 or 1/2. I love the toothless grin... I'm going to miss it... My baby is growing up.

***************


3 is getting easier. I think so, the nannies thinks so, and my husband thinks so too. They are growing up, we are learning the tricks and they are adjusting to life as a pack of 3 kidlets. I think we are reaching a new normal. I'm happy that this is happening. This is the positive side to growing up.

As I drove off to my dance class Monday night, leaving my husband alone with the 3, I couldn't help but giggle...Not because I was abandoning him, but because even 5 years ago, the thought of being alone with any number of children, even one, would have scared him. Now he's Super Daddy and can handle three! He's a great dad. When I came home from dance class T was in the bjorn and N and K were playing together in their room with him supervising. It was very cute.

***************


The time between 4 months and walking is, in my opinion, the easiest time. At least it was for me with N and K. We'll see what happens with T. The time after a toddler learns to run and until about 22 months is the toughest time, in my opinion. Too much mobility and not enough in the way of generative communication makes it so tough. (Or at least it was with N and so far it has been difficult with K, but it hasn't ended yet. We'll see when it ends with her--I'm hoping soon.) (I guess it is funny that I think this stage is so tough when in reality N is more difficult for me and probably always will be. She's the oldest so I learn from her. N really is a good girl.)

***************


In case you were wondering... a flouride tablet stuck up one's nose will dissolve and leave no apparent ill-effects on the nose. N accidentally stuck one up her nose the other night.

How does one accidentally stick a flouride tablet up one's nose you ask... Well, if you're 4 and you have a tablet in your hand, and it sticks to your finger, and you decide you need to pick your nose, that's how it accidentally gets stuck up your nose.

Poor N... She was a little traumatized by the purple snot coming out of her nose as the tablet dissolved... She may also have been a little miffed by her parents falling down laughing on the floor. And by her parents trying to take pictures of her and the purple snot coming out of her nose. I got a good shot of the kleenex with the purple snot. Does this make me a bad mom?

No comments: