Monday, January 23, 2006

Ring around the Rosie

I have memories from when I was about 4 of wanting to play Ring around the Rosie with my parents and of them never wanting to play it as long as I would have liked. I would have played it non-stop for 1/2 hour or more I'm sure. Gee, I wonder why my parents didn't want to play it that long?

Last night, N (4) and K (20 months) were playing it together and it was so cute. Ring around the Rosie is definitely a game meant for kids and not adults. They were so cute! Next year at this time, T might be old enough to join in too.

After a few rounds of that they decided that it was actually more fun to run around singing "I'm the map I'm the map..." (Song from Dora the Explorer.) This fun lasted for probably 10 minutes.

It's amazing to me how much K says now. She was singing almost all the words to Ring around the Rosie.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the words to Ring around the Rosie, then click away... it's kind of interesting. (I've always wondered what the heck it meant! Turns out it doesn't really mean anything!) (See for a little more back-up about this too.)

No comments: