Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Obfuscation

I think it's important to love what you do. I have been lucky in my work life... I have had two jobs where I have loved what I was doing.

Right now, I only just like my job, but that's actually good. I like the people I work with a lot. I like the place I work a lot. It's a very very cool place. But I actually can't let my job consume me like it used to right now. The most important thing to me right now is keeping my work under control and not letting it overtake me because I want to spend time with the girls. If I had a job that I loved too much I would either be frustrated because I couldn't work at it all the time, or I would be frustrated because I was working all the time and not seeing my sweet babies.

Someday, I will be totally passionate about my work again, but right now I can't be. It's a little weird for me even though I've not been able to be obsessed with my work for 4 years now. From 1996-2002 I got to do so many things. I did a lot of work and helped create something that is still going 4 years after I left it. I helped make something that has touched the lives of more than 50,000 people. I left a mark, but I am hardly a part of it now. I miss it. I know there is still a part of me there, and I know that people there still think of me and I know that someday I will work with them and go back to it again.

No comments: