Sunday, January 08, 2006

It's too hard

It's too hard for me to concentrate and write on the report I am writing for work when I am nursing a baby--that's what I'm doing now (nursing). I can type, but I can't think about all the data, what all needs to be said, and come to conclusions with a baby at my breast. The breastfeeding hormones just don't allow for that to happen. Babe goes to the breast and my IQ drops about 20-30 points. Babe off the breast and I'm back to normal. Seriously.

I love breastfeeding. It's easy, it's convenient, it's good for the baby and there are about 1,000 other reasons that I'll write about someday. Breastfeeding is supposed to increase IQ in children. I believe it. My theory for the increased IQ is that the baby sucks the mother's IQ out of the mother while nursing. The mother, can compensate and return to normal after the nursing session is over, but during the session the mother experiences significant cognitive deficits.

No comments: