Friday, January 27, 2006

I think this is genius....

http://www.postsecret.blogspot.com/.

I seriously love this project. I had been thinking of something similiar, but trying to figure out a technological solution... Their use of the good old-fashioned USPS is genius. (I was constrained by the box of technology.)

My project idea was similiar in that it would give a place for people to tell anonymous tales, but my place would be for frustrated graduate students to share their experiences in graduate school. Seriously... I was a graduate student in a Psychology Department for many years and it was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. I'm almost over it now. I'l have to tell you stories someday. Oh the dysfunction in that department! (The affairs, the booze, the guns.... seriously. Oh my!)

Along the lines of dysfunctional academics... Moo is a great book.

So is Straight Man. (As an aside, this was a Christmas present one year to me from someone who doesn't know my taste in books. I enjoyed it very much.)

Cool....It looks like there are some new books along these lines that have been published since I have read in this genre.

Okay... and now back to the regularly scheduled blog.

No comments: