Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy Birthday to N!

N is almost 4. Her birthday is so soon and she's getting excited! We have several activities coming up for it. It's more like a week celebration than one day. On Monday we'll take in treats for preschool. I have to make something and make up a little treat bag for all 24 kids. (Digression... can you imagine being one of the two teachers in a room of 24 three and four year olds??????) We'll be heading to the local party store. It's really a cool store and they have so much stuff for little kids.

I'm hoping to take N swimming this weekend as a treat. (I'll take both N & K and leave T home with Daddy.) There's an indoor pool fairly close that is supposed to be wonderful. We've never been, but a friend of mine takes her daughter there. N's party won't be until next weekend. She decided to take all of her friends out to lunch at this great restaurant. I was thrilled with this decision. I don't have to stress about cleaning the house! I just need to get a cake, some balloons, and a treat bag for her friends. It will be a fairly small amount of kids, and some adults. We'll go to a park and let the kids run around after lunch if it's nice enough weather.

On the day of her birth, I can't decide if we should have some people over for dinner or what we should do. It's a school night and things are always crazy around here... I think maybe it would be fun to have her dad and I take her to lunch all by herself that day. Good idea! Yay. It's a plan.

I can't believe my first born is already 4. She's such a combination of a little girl and a baby. Sometimes she seems so grown up. Like when she says to me, "I just want to be alone for a while Mom." Then she goes into her room and lays on her bed and contemplates life.

No comments: