Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Will you remember?

N is almost 4. I was trying to remember my earliest memories. I have some vague ones from when I was 4, but I don't think I really remember much before age 4. It's so odd to me that N will hardly remember anything that has happened to her prior to this point, and even for a while after it will all be hazy. It's all been so memorable and life-changing for her father and me. I've taken so many pictures, so much video and written in my journal and now this blog so much so that we can remember and share it with N (and K and T).

When I had N, I wanted to know all of my own milestones and what I could expect from N. N didn't come with an instruction manual. I think I started keeping all these records so that she could have her own instruction manual for her kids. N is the best documented baby! Now there are 3. I did less of a good job recording everything with K. Not because I didn't notice it, and not because I was too busy, but because it wasn't such uncharted territory. I probably was able to enjoy K more because I wasn't so curious about what would happen next like I was with N, I knew more. So far, the documentation up to 4 months for N will work for all 3 because the first 4 months of milestones have occurred at very similar times. K and N have been fairly similar too up to 19.5 months. N enuciated more than K when she started talking, but K talks like crazy, it's just a little more slurred.

This time with T, it's really hard to record things because of the lack of time and my lack of brain. I often walk into a room and stand there for a few minutes wondering, "Why did I come here.....??? I know there was a reason, but what was it????" When I sit down to write about T, all I can come up with is how cute and snuggly she is. I guess I should write about how she has found her feet. She grabs them and holds on, but hasn't put them in her mouth yet. I love how when she lays on her back her feet immediately go up in the air. It's so amazing too how much little ones squirm. When T's awake she is always moving something. N and K squirm a lot too, but not as much as T. Or maybe they squirm as much, but it's more controlled squirming since they are older.

Right now T is laying on the bed and our cat is next to her. She is trying to pet him. In the last week or so, she's really interested in everything. She is over 4 months now. N underwent a major personality change at 4 months. N had been a very sleepy (but not snuggly) baby for her first four months and then, poof, she was into everything and grabbing and making all of her interests clear. T is not quite as grabby, but is much more interested in toys than she was prior. She's also less sleepy. She talks all the time. She giggles on occasion, but smiles the biggest gummy smiles all the time. She sucks her thumb some, but not as much as the other two did. She still sleeps snuggled next to me every night.

When T is on her tummy she picks up her little butt or holds her head up all the way. She's so strong. N and K were crawling by 7 and 6.5 months respectively. I think T may be earlier still. She's very motivated because of all the toys every where. She loves to watch her big sisters. When she's in the swing, K (19.5 months) will come over and give her kisses and hugs. For as young as K is she's a very good big sister.

T is also trying really hard to sit up on her own. She falls right over, but sometimes she'll catch herself on her hands and balance for a second or too. We only play this game on our very soft bed.

I hope I can remember it all from the pictures and the stories. Of course, I want them to grow up, but I really want to remember all of this too. It's going by so fast.

No comments: