Friday, December 30, 2005

A Special K Day

Today K (19.5 months) and I had a Special K day. We went to the coffee shop and had a mocha and milk (me the mocha, her the milk) and shared a muffin. I know she's had enough muffin when she starts putting it in her mouth and spitting it out. Despite that trick, she was very cute. She entertained and baffled me as she sat in her chair with her nose pressed up against her cup of milk that was sitting on the table. She sat that way for about 2 minutes. I don't know why. I asked her and all she would say was a head nod with a little Hmph while she nodded (her trademark move).

We also went to the grocery store. She had a little kid-size cart and pushed it around. She did GREAT steering it and avoiding people. She did much better than her older sister did the first time her older sister pushed around one of the kid-sized carts. The first time I let N do it she was about 3. Oh my. I still feel sad when I think about the poor woman she ran into. N ran into me several times that day too so I know it hurt. (In all fairness though, the first time N did the "cart-thing" she had to push her own cart while I pushed mine, whereas K had me to help her.) Anyway, K was so proud of herself pushing the little cart. It was so cute! She stayed very focused on her task. (Did I mention that she was adorable while doing this?)

I rarely get to spend alone time with K because right now T (4 months) needs me and it's hard to leave T. I resolved yesterday that today would be a K day though and I did manage to send T off with the nanny. It was so hard watching T leave, but K and I had a lot of fun that we wouldn't have otherwise gotten to have. My little K. She's napping now. I'm going to do my exercise DVD before she wakes and before T and N return home.

No comments: