Sunday, November 06, 2005

New diet

My weight has plateaued. I can generally get within 5-10 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight while breastfeeding without dieting though it takes 4-12 months. However, I'm tired of seeing the reflection of 20-ish extra pounds of me. I'm tired of only having about 4 shirts and 2 pairs of pants that fit. I refuse to go buy anything in the size I am now. Maternity clothes are not an option any more because they are too silly big 'cause I have lost about 20-ish pounds since T was born.

I would be much happier 5-15 pounds thinner, and I could fit into a lot more of my clothes. I've decided it's time to get serious about the weight. I'd like to lose 10 pounds by the holiday season... but since I'm breastfeeding, I'd settle for 5. Anyway, I'm putting myself on a very strict diet. Even though you're not supposed to diet while breast feeding, I think it will be ok. Here is the new diet:

If I eat 1/2 a bag (8 oz.) of BBQ potato chips as a snack in the afternoon, then no ice cream after dinner. If I don't eat 1/2 of a bag of chips in the afternoon, then only 1 big serving (instead of half the half gallon) of ice cream after dinner.

I'm also hoping Miss T (2.5 months) has another growth spurt soon.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ate 7/8 of a bag of bbQ chips before dinner today. I went to the grocery store specially to get them. But I had no ice cream after dinner, so I guess I'm doing well on the NoCal diet.

(I left a few crumbs in the bag...)

Anonymous said...

I love your diet. I think I could manage it.