Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Soy Happy

About this new research! I eliminated Soy when I became a vegan... Boy, that was HARD, but I wasn't sure soy was good for me. There's a lot of conflicting research.

Now, Messina's research (see the web site linked above in the first sentence for a link to Messina's work) points to it not being bad, and as having some benefits. Given this new research, I'm adding soy back to my diet. Though I am not vegan anymore, I prefer not to eat animals and I need more protein in my diet. I never thought it felt "bad" for me to eat soy--I never had any adverse reactions. I'll write more about eating soy, but mostly I am thrilled to have soy back. I am going to try to keep my consumption of soy protein to less than 30 grams a day. I'll probably try to do Soy-free days, too, but right now, I'm going to go eat a bowl of cereal with soy milk! YUM! Iced decaf coffee with unsweetened soy milk will be a lovely treat in the summer, too!

1 comment:

Lola Granola said...

I like the picture! Glad you are happy about the return of soy. Xxoo