Tuesday, January 11, 2011

List-y

1. oNe is nine! It wasn't quite as traumatic as turning 8, but it was still dramatic. She refused to say she was 9 until the time of her birth (8:44 pm) had passed on her birthday. When she turned 8, she worried about it for a couple of weeks before her birthday and kept saying HOW MUCH SHE DIDN'T WANT TO TURN 8. We had a little of "not wanting to turn 9," but nothing awful.

2. twoK has been very, um, cry-y the last week. She's very emotional and sensitive. I'm not sure what's up... It could be that oNe was having a birthday and getting a party, gifts and lots of attention and twoK was jealous, or it could be something entirely different. I have no idea. All I know is that there is hardly ever a time when all 3 girls are in a good mood. Usually one of them has something going on. I'm sure this phenomenon will get worse as we enter puberty--heaven help me!

3. My Mom left. We had a pretty good visit. I was VERY BUSY. She was a little sad that I was so busy. I felt guilty; it was typical. It always happens that I get busy when people are visiting. ALWAYS. I am usually busy, so this isn't surprising. I can't just take off every time we have a visitor. I wish I could, but I can't. If I didn't work (as much), then I could, but then I'd be unhappy with not working most of the year. Visits are pretty short, but, Murphy's law of visits, they always occur when I am VERY BUSY.

For the record, this year, I wasn't nearly as busy as I was in 2008 when my parents visited.

4. I've decided to try to take a photo a week on the iPhone. I'm posting on "the other blog."

5. oNe's party was good. We had fun. Her teacher came. I think I messed up on the invitations and I didn't get everyone invited, but I'm not supposed to stress about it--MWH's orders. I tried to invite the whole class. That's all I can say. I tried, but I work too much and do too many things and I think I messed up and now I feel guilty. (Story of my life.)

Oh... Yikes....Time for Zumba! Must run! (See, I do too much!)

No comments: