Sunday, January 23, 2011

4 in a row

Whoa. I must be really feeling chatty, eh?

We did go look at kitties yesterday; twoK knows she's getting a cat. We've looked a couple of other times. Also, a LONG TIME AGO, we told the girls when they turned 6 they could have a cat. (At the time it sounded like forever, but now it's here and I wish I'd said 8 or 9 or something like that.) twoK is closing in on 7 so we're slow and hopefully we can keep Three-a from getting a cat until she's closer to 7, too!

Surprisingly, twoK been very patient and understanding about why we were waiting. I wasn't wanting to find a cat, necessarily, but we found a cat we all really liked yesterday at the Cat fair. twoK wasn't quite ready to make a commitment of such magnitude. (I explained how this was going to be for the kitty's WHOLE life and freaked her out.)

It turned out, she was getting sick. She had a headache and I was hopeful it would all just be a quick little feeling "bleh" and then better. Well, last night, she threw up. Tonight, as she's felt better, she's decided she probably wants to get the cat from yesterday.

The cat yesterday... He's all black (teeny bit of white on his chest and belly). He's big and ~9 months old. He reminds me a lot of MWH's cat in looks. He's a friendly boy and the foster mom says he has a lot of character. The funniest thing, his name is B_____. oNe's kitty is named B_____. We all started laughing when they told us his name. They thought we were insane until we explained.

The kitty seemed to really like twoK. He tried to climb out of his cage into her arms. When he got out, I held him. He let all of us pet him a lot. I'm thinking if he handled all the girls molesting him as well as he did at the cat fair, he'll be able to handle the girls and lots of attention when he's settled in our home. If twoK decides this is the cat for her, the final test will be to see what oNe's kitty thinks of him. I think it'll work out.

What else.... Other stuff occurred this weekend, but I'll end here for now and save something for this week.

No comments: