Monday, December 20, 2010

I'll never be "done"

I don't know if I've told you, but one of my resolutions for 2011 is to not take on anything new for 2011. I thought it was great decision. The thing I failed to account for was that I was overbooked to start. January - March will see me REALLY busy... As soon as I get back to work in January, I'll be busy for 2 weeks, non-stop, on one project. Then I'll have to turn my attention to another project that I've been ignoring since October. The only good news is that the intensity on one project winds down a little, but not enough to offset the ramping up of that project I ignored for a while...

It's a good problem to have a job, one that is enjoyable, and to use one's mind.... I was just hoping for a little down time. The babysitter got to think of things to do with the girls today, and I didn't... I'm sad because I'd much rather be hanging with them and enjoying time with them when they are off school than working. I will get a little time in the next couple of weeks, but I have something big in January as soon as I get back so that will be hanging over my head.

In Holiday news, I think I am "done" shopping. I have done almost all the shopping online. I've had a few trips to Target, and so has MWH, and on Saturday we had to go out in search of two more gifts, but in general, it's been not too bad. Because I'm thinking it hasn't been too bad, I'm guessing I've forgotten something--probably something really big.

No comments: