Monday, December 13, 2010

10 minutes

Until the end of work this year, I'm going to only give myself 10 minutes to blog.... I can have that amount of time up to 3 times a week. Yes, it's that crazy at work, and no, I am NOT happy about it. I managed to survive last week and not fall too far behind, but I have a LOT more work to do. The pace of it is starting to wear me down. (Just ask MWH how grumpy I've been the last few nights. Sorry MWH! I hope to be less grumpy tonight, but who knows. I <3 you!)

Friday was an insane day.... not all due to work. I went to kindergarten to help make gingerbread men. Super fun. After you bake the men, they "run off" and the kinders have to find them. Super cute. Also, I got my hair done and then the girls got hair trims. Actually, oNe got 8.5 inches chopped off and she's going to donate it. She's a giving child--so sweet. The fun and festive thing was my work party that evening.

Saturday afternoon, oNe and I went out to shop for her sisters and get stuff for her school craft project. I think the craft project will be her Christmas gift to the family, but I probably shouldn't know that, eh? Anyway, while it was just the two of us, she was holding my hand and being super sweet. I don't get a ton of alone time with each girl. I decided I wanted to spend more time with all of us together, but this was so nice. It made me want to build in more one-on-one time again. Maybe even just every other week, a time for me and one girl. I think I can make that work in the new year.

Sunday, we got pictures made, but the prints won't be in until Saturday at the earliest. We got a couple of nice ones of the whole family--with the exception of one little thing. I was SO UPSET when I saw it last night. I will post more about this later when I am more in-control about it. (After I see what it looks like on the prints will determine how quickly I recover.)

Okay...2 more minutes... Tomorrow I go on a plane (by myself) to see the special doctor about my weird antibodies.... (Dr. RR). I am so bummed that MWH can't go with me, but I booked the appointment without checking to see which plane we could take. It turns out that to get to the appointment I have to catch the 7 am flight. That means no one would be able to get the girls to school.

Though I don't like going by myself, it definitely will be easier to just go than to find someone to help with the girls at 6:30 in the morning. Note to self: NEXT TIME, check on the plane flights... or now that I know, don't book an appointment before 2 pm... AND make sure to put in a note to CANCEL the appointment 2 weeks in advance in my calendar in case I get crazy busy.... (I totally wish I didn't have to go tomorrow. Fortunately, I should get lots of time to do work on the plane, while waiting to see the doctor, and on the plane back.)

(Oops 5 minutes over my allotted 10 minutes... Back to work!)

No comments: